Saturday, February 14, 2009

What a week

Hello all. Thanks so much for all the post glad to hear from all of you. Life here is GREAT. Today was such a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG day. It started for me at 6:45. I had so much Spanish homework yesterday(Procrastinator). I stared it all last night. Took me FOREVER. So after that I headed to class on the best form of transportation "The Gua Gua".
For those you who don't know what it is or what it looks like lemme break it down for you.A Gua Gua is a mini van that allows 25 - 30 passengers on board (should only fit 10 at the most)! The gua gua gets filled to the rim, and often have people even hanging out the door. The door is in general left open, so that people can easily get on and off. There is no space allocated for bags or luggage. Often you find yourself in the situation that you have someone under you, some one halfway on your lap, people with their hands and legs intertwined with yours. I LOVE IT !!! Theres no better way to get you morning started then someone elbowing you in the side or practically sitting in your lap. Gatta love it!!!!
Class was long I'm finally realizing that I'm not going to understand EVERYTHING, so stop stressing myself out.After class me and Jackie(Will put a pick of her up )went on a bible study. My students name is Madelin she lives in an area known for being dangerous. Its best to go to her early in the day before it gets dark.Shes studied before, but nothing has seemed to stick with her.I realized that my second visit her when she didn't know who Adan and Eve were.So this week I decided to start from the very begging. Chp 8 of "Learn From The Great Teacher" book is so nice and simple.Paragraphs 8-15 gives a brief synopses of who Adam and Eve are.It was such a great study. I'm really enjoying my ministry. I'm really learning how to be a real teacher. Words cant express the joy you feel when you and your student are on the same page. It a slow process but I'm in it for the LONG HAUL!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment